Flexible Deferred Gift Annuities
The National Gift Annuity Foundation (NGAF) is a dba of the Dechomai Foundation, Inc.
How it works
- Simply transfer cash or securities to the Dechomai Foundation in exchange for a flexible gift annuity. Our minimum gift requirement is $20,000.
- You specify a range of possible starting dates for the annuity payments to begin. Each date offers progressively higher payment rates.
- After you’ve selected the start date, the Dechomai begins paying you fixed annuity payments for life.
- The final residuum balance passes to the Dechomai and then is granted to your recommended charity(ies).
- Even if you do not have a set retirement date, you can create a gift annuity with a flexible start date.
- The contract includes a range of possible annuity start dates, and each date will offer you progressively higher payment rates. Your charitable deduction will be an amount that corresponds to the earliest possible start date.
- Deferral of payments yields a higher annuity rate and generates a larger income tax charitable deduction. The longer payments are deferred, the higher the annuity rate and deduction.
- The annuity payment taxation is treated as part ordinary income, part capital gain income and/or part tax-free income, depending on the assets used to create the annuity.
- Payments are typically much higher than the return on low-earning savings accounts and CDs or low-dividend stock.
- You will have created a meaningful gift for the Dechomai while providing income for your beneficiary/ies.
In This Section