Helping our clients help their charities.Like all charities, The Dechomai Foundation charges fees for accepting, managing, liquidating and distributing non-cash gifts. Unlike other charities, however, Dechomai does not retain the proceeds indefinitely, nor receive operating contributions from any other source. Therefore we must charge a charitable administrative fee up-front.
The fees cover our marketing, legal, accounting, administrative and processing costs attributable to the individual gift as well as general overhead for the Foundation. We are proud that these fees have averaged only 2.2% since our inception on an average gift size of $2.3 million (median gift is $1.4 million).
Below is a limited sampling of non-cash donations received in the last 12 months, along with our charitable fees and the donation’s unique attributes. Following is a list of additional non-cash donation referrals and current cases.
Sample Asset Referrals and Current Non-Cash Cases
- Operating Partnership Units from an UPREIT Exchange
- Private Foundation Donation of Real Estate and LP Interests
- 88 Trophy-Mounted Big-Game Animals from Estate
- 727 Airplane for Tsunami Relief
- Private Stock Transaction with ESOP Purchase
- International Real Estate in France, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico
- Various LLC and LP Interests
- Artwork from Matisse, deCherico and Picasso
- Hall of Fame Baseball Contract and World Series Ring
- 55,000 Bushels of soybeans and Corn Crops
- Coal Rights
- Foreign Currency-Denominated Bond
- Closely-Held C-Corporation Stock
- Closely-Held S-Corporation Stock