Helping our clients help their charities.Like all charities, The Dechomai Foundation charges fees for accepting, managing, liquidating and distributing non-cash gifts. Unlike other charities, however, Dechomai does not retain the proceeds indefinitely, nor receive operating contributions from any other source. Therefore we must charge a charitable administrative fee up-front.
The fees cover our marketing, legal, accounting, administrative and processing costs attributable to the individual gift as well as general overhead for the Foundation. We are proud that these fees have averaged only 2.2% since our inception on an average gift size of $2.3 million (median gift is $1.4 million).
Below is a limited sampling of non-cash donations received in the last 12 months, along with our charitable fees and the donation’s unique attributes. Following is a list of additional non-cash donation referrals and current cases.
Sample Asset Referrals and Current Non-Cash Cases
- Private Foundation Donation of Real Estate Interests
- Private Stock Transaction with ESOP Purchase
- International Real Estate in Uganda
- Offshore Insurance and Mobile Gaming Company Interests
- Restricted Public Stock
- Unallocated Precious Metals
- Various LLC and LP Interests
- Private Equity and Hedge Fund Interests
- Offshore Investment Company
- Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrency
- Closely-Held C-Corporation Stock
- Closely-Held S-Corporation Stock